Breast Augmentation can enhance your appearance and help build your self-confidence and self-esteem. The best candidates for breast augmentation are:
- Women who are looking for improvement in their figure and are bothered by feelings that their breasts are too small.
- Women who have small breasts or loss of breast volume following breast-feeding are typically good candidates for breast augmentation.
- Woman whose breasts have become smaller and lost their firmness after having children.
- Women who have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other.
- Women whose weight loss has changed the shape and/or size of their breasts. You should be in good physical condition and have realistic expectations to be a good candidate for the procedure.
Breast implants can be filled with either saline (water) or silicone gel. During your consultation, Dr. Shadid will explain the advantages and disadvantages of each. Most women choose silicone gel implants as they have an impeccable safety record, yet they offer the most natural looking and feeling result.
The incision can be placed in a number of different locations. Every effort is made so the resulting scars will be as inconspicuous as possible. After the incision is made, a pocket is created under the breast tissue or under the pectoralis chest muscle. Dr. Shadid will explain the advantages of each approach during your consultation. This pocket is just large enough to accommodate the implant. The implant is then positioned to give the best cosmetic result.
Dr. Shadid makes every effort to ensure your recovery is as comfortable as possible. There are no stitches or drains to be removed after surgery. You must simply wear a sports bra and refrain from excess activity for three weeks.
There is a lot of misinformation about Breast Implant Illness (BII) in the internet, we recommend you to read official sources about it and ask your surgeon understand the risks.
Your decision to have breast augmentation is a highly personal one that not everyone will understand. The important thing is how you feel about it. If you’ve met your goals, then your surgery is a success. For more information about having breast augmentation in Oklahoma City call (405) 755-4451